1. Once you’ve selected a school, you can complete the transcript order form beginning with your personal information.
2. Fill in all of the required fields on the personal information page (indicated with a green* asterisk).
If your school allows requestors to enter either their student ID or Social Security number, fields will be marked with a green asterisk as required — for identification purposes — you MUST enter one or the other. If you do not enter either your student ID or Social Security number, an error message will display when you select the “Next” button.
If you no longer recall your student ID and it is required, you will need to contact your school for assistance.
If the following question appears on the Personal Information page, “Did you attend <your school’s name> in the year YYYY or earlier,” it means that your school is trying to determine if your transcript data is available electronically. If you attended school for any degree program during or before the year specified, then your transcript request can only be fulfilled using mail or hold for pickup delivery methods.
3. Depending on the options your institution uses you may see the following screens:
If your information cannot be confirmed, a Confirm Personal Information screen will be presented. You can select “Try Again” to have your information confirmed, select “Next” to continue with the ordering process, or select “Cancel Order” to terminate the ordering process.
If your information is confirmed and holds are noted on the requestor’s record then one of the two hold screen will display. If you can proceed with holds, check the box that reads “I understand that I must clear my hold(s) before my transcript order will be processed” and select “Next” to go to the next step.
If you cannot proceed with holds, select “Exit” to cancel the order.
4. If your school requires additional information, you will be taken to a page with required fields that you will need to enter, including an authorization to update your school records.
5. Select “Next” to continue to the Select Recipient Type page.
6. Select the button for the appropriate recipient type AND, under FERPA Compliance, select the recipient option that best reflects to whom you are sending your transcript: “Me,” “School where I intend to apply or enroll,” or “Other.” Select “Next” to go to the Enter Recipient Details page.
7. On the “Enter Recipient Details” page, fill in all of the required fields (indicated with a green asterisk).
Delivery methods vary by school. Select the delivery method and the description of each of your school’s delivery options will be displayed.
Some schools may also allow you to upload up to three documents to be included with your transcript order. If you do not see an option to upload additional documents, then this option is not available for your school.
For some schools, specific processing options, such as “After Degree is Awarded” and “After Grades Are Posted” may be selectable.
8. Select “Save & Add Another Recipient” to enter multiple recipients or select “Next” to continue.
9. Recipient addresses for mail orders within the United States are validated against the United States Postal Services Change of Address database. The system may provide a suggested address, formatted to the United States Postal Service standards or display a message that the entered address is invalid. Perfectly formatted US addresses will skip this page.
- If the address is returned as not found in the United States Postal Service database, the system will display a possible reason. You can edit the address, or in some cases, move forward with the invalid address.
- If you opt to move forward with an invalid address, please confirm it is accurate with the recipient before continuing. You will be required to read and select the acknowledgement checkbox that states your order may not be deliverable. You can then select “Use Selected Address” and continue with the order or correct the address by selecting “Edit Entered Address.”
When you select the “Use Selected Address,” the order details will be displayed on the Review Your Recipients page. You can:
- Add recipients by selecting the “Add Recipient” button in the recipient
- Edit the order by selecting the recipient’s
- Remove a recipient by selecting the Remove
- Select the check box to receive transcript order updates via text Please enter your mobile phone number and carrier. If your carrier is not listed, you cannot receive order updates via text.
10. When you are done reviewing your order, select “Check Out.” A small pop-up window will display. Select “OK” to confirm you have reviewed the recipient information (you will not be able to return to the form to add, edit, or delete recipients). Select “Cancel” to continue reviewing recipient information.