> Submitting a Paperless Consent Form
If required by the school, you will be asked to return a signed and dated consent form to the Clearinghouse. To expedite your transcript delivery, we recommend the “Sign Paperless Consent Form” option, if it is offered by your school.
If your school does not offer paperless consent forms, the option will not display. Please see “Printing a Consent Form” below for instructions on faxing, emailing, or mailing your printed consent form to us.
Transcript Ordering dynamically generates an order-specific paperless consent form. You must sign the paperless consent form electronically, check the certification box, and submit the form.
1. Select “Sign Paperless Consent Form.”
2. The paperless consent form for your order will be displayed.
3. Use your mouse to sign your name in the signature box while holding down the left mouse button. If you are using a tablet, such as an iPad, or a smart phone, such as an iPhone or Android device, you can sign your name in the box with your finger.
4. If you are not satisfied with your electronic signature, select “Clear and Re-Sign.”
5. When you are satisfied with your signature, check the self-certification statement box displayed under your signature.
6. Select “Submit.”
7. Your completed paperless consent form will be displayed.
8. Select “Print” to generate a copy of the paperless consent form for your records.
9. Select “Exit” to close the paperless consent form.
10. Select “Next” to display your order confirmation.
11. Print a copy of the confirmation for your records.
12. Select “Done” to complete your order.
> Printing a Consent Form
1. Select the “Download Consent Form” button at the bottom of the page.
2. The consent form for your order will display. Download the form by selecting the button at the bottom of the form.
3. Sign the form by hand and return it within 30 calendar days*:
- Scan or take a picture of it and email it to: email@example.com (photo attachment must be a GIF, JPEG, BMP, or TIFF). Please email the photo attachment from the same email address listed on your transcript request,
- Fax it to: 1-703-742-4238 (remember to dial 1-703 first), or
- Mail it to: National Student Clearinghouse, 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 220, Herndon, VA 20171
4. Once the form has been opened, a “Next” button will appear at the bottom of the order confirmation page.
5. Select “Next” to complete your order and display your order confirmation, which you should print for your records.
*Orders for which consent forms have not been received by the Clearinghouse within 30 calendar days are automatically canceled. If your order is canceled, you will not be charged.